Although it may seem that the tradition of winemaking in Prague has been long forgotten, Prague Wine Tour will try to reveal the glory of Prague’s vineyards.
Together we’ll go through the history of winemaking – from the times of ancient Egypt, through medieval ages to the present day and taste some of the best local wines in the most famous Prague’s wine bar!
Wine Tasting Included
- Learn the history of wine from the times of ancient Egypt to the present day
- Get to know how wine made its way to the Bohemian Kingdom
- Explore why Charles IV was such a great lover of wine
- Hear some stories about competition between wine bars in medieval Prague
- See original maps and paintings from the medieval ages, which will reveal why Prague was called the City of Wine
- Visit one of the most famous Prague’s wine bars and taste 5 local wines
Meet your guide at Křižovnické náměstí in front of the Charles Bridge, where he’ll introduce you into the history of winemaking from the times of ancient Egypt to the times of the Roman Empire. You’ll learn who became the patron saint of local winemakers and which king brought winemaking in our country to a whole new level.
During this pleasant walk through the city center your guide will point out places, which were closely connected to wine and together we look into the laws which winemakers in medieval Prague had to follow, and what privileges and prerogatives had been given. On many original pictures and maps of medieval Prague your guide will explain why Prague was once called the City of Wine and what caused the final decrease of winemaking in 19th century.
Several tales about the competition between the famous Prague’s wine bars will follow, before we make our way into one of the most famous Prague’s wine bar and taste 5 local wines grown in Bohemian and Moravian region.
- professional guide
- wine tasting of 5 local wines (minimum drinking age is 18 years)
- brochure of the best wine bars in Prague
- Gratuities (optional)
- Legal drinking age in the Czech Republic is 18 years
Křižovnické náměstí (small square in front of the Charles Bridge). Your guide is going to stand in front of the statue of Charles IV holding a lime green umbrella.